Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saturday

I spent most of the day completing my CPR and First Aid training- which actually wasn't too bad. The First Aid grosses me out and makes me feel a little queasy though. During CPR today, we were talking about experiences in which EMT's were involved. So, I retold my story about 15 paramedics and firemen coming into our house when Irelyn was 4 months old and had an allergic reaction. I started to tear up a little just talking about it... Fortunately they didn't think I was too crazy since there were a lot of parents in the room. But it is so amazing- the love we have for our kids and the emotion that goes with it.



On another note- here are some pictures from the Obama and McCain event at Saddleback Church today. Protestors and Supporters....



1 comments:

Heather said...

Hey, I was there! Actually, I was at my parents' house, one block from the event. We saw all the folks with their signs, heard the helicopters, and didn't know what was going on 'til we turned on the T.V.

What's Irelyn allergic to? Oh so scary. Things to look forward to when we have kids I suppose. When I taught 1st grade I used to keep an EpiPen on my desk for a little boy who was allergic to peanuts. Yikes!