Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kids say the darndest...

I mean husbands do the darndest. Did you ever see that show Kids say the Darndest! Irelyn is definitely at that stage. She wouldn't talk to my dad yesterday until he changed his shirt. He was wearing a shirt with Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner on it- Irelyn was not happy with the coyotes face, but instead of saying anything she just wouldn't look at or talk to my dad. It took me about 20 minutes to figure out what her problem was. My dad ended up changing his shirt and while he was gone my mom said "It's ok Irelyn. The coyote is sort of funny." Irelyn looked at my mom and said "Well, I don't think he is funny AT ALL."
Then she was pulling George's shirt today (which she is not allowed to do to anyone!) and I told her to stop and reminded her of the rule. She said to me "What do you mean. You didn't see that." She is already trying to out-smart me.

And husbands- well George managed to take the basket and filter thing out of the coffee maker, wash it, and then leave it in the sink while he made coffee anyways. Hmmm needless to say it didn't work out too well. Coffee started coming out the sides and bottom of the coffee maker and he stood there wondering what was going on. I guess he really needed that coffee...

0 comments: