Thursday, July 24, 2008

Why I love summer...

Since I was a kid, I have loved summer for the same reasons as everyone else- school is out, vacations, free time yada yada... Most of my summers, past age 11, were spent traveling for soccer tournaments and family vacations and after that, "summer free-time" became less and less each year. This summer, for some reason, seems really special though. Maybe it is because Irelyn completed her first year of school or maybe it is because she is now old enough to truly enjoy the long days of summer. Either way, I love waking up each day with a fun day planned, not having to take a shower or put on make-up, staying gone all day and getting sandy, and coming home just in time for her to go to bed and for me to relax. There is something so nice about enjoying these long days together. I hope you are enjoying your summer just as much as we are :)

2 comments:

Becky said...

I love summer! I am enjoying it just as much as you are... if not more!

Heather said...

Summer weekends are fun. Summer work days, not so much! I miss long summer vacations!