Monday, November 3, 2008

This is ridiculous

Have you ever tried to cook something and it came out completely wrong or didn't work at all? I usually don't have too many problems, but this pea soup was so frustrating! I have made it several times before and as I look back, I think it gives me problems every time. I soaked the split peas overnight, and the put them in the crock pot at 7:45am with the onions, carrots, and celery. I put it on low because we were going to be out for a while and I wanted to make sure it had enough water. It should have been on high probably, but I figured by the time I got home it should be mostly done and then I could turn it up to high. I got home at 2:30pm and they weren't even soft!!! Not even a little, so I turned it up to high. Around 4:30pm I checked it again and there was no way it was going to be done for dinner. George ended up not being able to come home for dinner so I thought I could just save it for the next day. I left it cooking while Irelyn and I went to Baja Fresh for dinner. Long story short(haha too late for that)...at 10pm I finally pureed it with my hand blender and put it in the fridge. Are you kidding me?!!! Well, atleast dinner is already done for tonight.
I will spare you the recipe :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

I have used our crock pot twice and achieved success on one meal. I tried to make cream of mushroom chicken and it was so salty and mushy that we threw it out after forcing a couple bites down. BBQ pork ribs were much better.

Have you been to Buellton for split pea soup?! Baja Fresh sounds much better anyway ;).

Becky said...

This sounds like the story of my life! That is why I want to come to your house for dinner!! :)

The 3 of us said...

I love Pea Soup Andersens. There used to be one in Carlsbad. I miss it