Sunday, November 9, 2008

One of our faves

After going to our favorite Mongolian BBQ restaurant, I felt I needed to give a review. You all need to go there! but let me give you the details first.
The Genghis Khan Mongolian BBQ has been around for years- at least 25 years because George has been going there that long- I've only been going for about 12 years. Anyways, it is located in Lake Forest near all of the new construction. They have managed to stay hidden in the back and untouched. I'm not sure I want to know what their future is as I watch the stores around it be torn down and rebuilt. This restaurant is such a throw back to the old 80's, even 70's, dark restaurants in MV and LF. The decor hasn't changed much, but it is always clean, the staff is friendly and the food is awesome! We usually order the all you can eat BBQ which costs $13 and comes with soup, rice, and pocket breads(YUM!!!!). They have 4 meat choices and several vegetables to choose from. Then you get to make your own sauce based on your spice and flavor level. We definitely recommend you go!!! Have fun :)

The address is
23615 El Toro Rd Ste PLake Forest, CA 92630

2 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE that place! You stand in line and they scoop the frozen meat into a bowl and smash it down, right? Love it. I have to take Brian there next time we're down. I haven't been there since summer breaks in college.

kamesse said...

Thanks! Gil loves the one in the mall and I am sure this place is waaaayyy better. I'll have to surprise him with a date night!