Sunday, September 21, 2008

Saturday Date Night

George and I actually got to go out for a date last night! I can't even tell you when we went out last (prob a few months). I took Irelyn to my parents and met George at Flamingos since he was coming from a game. Flamingos is this great little mexican restaurant in Laguna Hills near Claim Jumper. We have been going there since before we were married- partly because of the food and partly because of the happy hour. There were some weeks when we would go here 2 or 3 times a week... we love it that much. We had such a great time just talking without being interrupted. Ahhhh
After dinner, we walked over to Claim Jumper to get some dessert to bring home. *Some background*-Claim Jumper overlooks MV High School where we both went to school...Claim Jumper was a hot spot in high school for everyone, and even more after we all turned 21. It is also the happy hour place for every teacher, coach, adult in MV and LH. So, every time we go to Claim Jumper I expect to see the bar full of friends like it used to be. As we walked into the crowded restaurant, I noticed the bar full of people, the family playing checkers and the "How hot are you" arcade game in the restaurant. I told George how much I always wanted to play that game when I was little. So he gave me a quarter to play :)
I looked over at the bar and I said "I guarantee you there is one person in there we know." George just laughed and we both started looking...and of course there was Summer! I played soccer with her and George coached her. We both just started laughing...
Hopefully our next date night will be soon :)

1 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like fun!

Why did you guys need to go out with just the two of you? Who usually interrupts you? :) he he... just kidding!

Maybe you should have another date night soon and I will come over and babysit! Seriously, take me up on it!