Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Photos and Food

Irelyn doing the kickoff

Haha the bows!

Gelato because Sprinkles was tooooo crowded

Here is another recipe from my box. I've had many Chicken Curry recipes- but this is by far the tastiest. I like to use this when guests come over or for a special meal. It is really great left over too and it has a really good comforting taste.

Chicken Curry

2 lb. chicken breasts, cut into 1-2 inch pieces

1 1/2 T. butter

1 tsp. curry powder

1 apple, diced into bite sized pieces

1 med. onion, diced

1 can cream mushroom soup

3/4 c. cream

white or brown minute rice, as much as you like

Melt 1 T. butter, add curry, chopped apple, onion, soup and cream. Place chicken into 9X13 pan. Pour mixture over chicken and bake uncovered 1 hour 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, at 350 degrees.

Cook rice. Saute onion, slivered almonds, raisins in 1/2 T. butter. After sauteed, mix with the rice in a large bowl. Use sauce from chicken as a gravy over rice.

This is seriously good!


5 comments:

Heather said...

Cute soccer pictures ;). Love the bows!

I love chicken curry! I actually made dinner this week - on Sunday, Monday, AND Tuesday night! I will add this recipe to our menu! Check out my friend Alison's recipe blog. She's listed on my sidebar.

Becky said...

I love the hairbows!!

The gelato is so good, but I am sad you missed out on the Sprinkles. I was there Friday and got some Chai latte cupcakes! Yum!

I think I would like to come over for dinner for chicken curry. Let me know when! hehe

The 3 of us said...

Ok so I have you down coming over twice for dinner. :)

Becky said...

Perfect! I will bring the Sprinkles and gelato!

Anonymous said...

Is the girl (that's in pink) in the kick off photo eating an apple? lol....she looks like she's about to take a bite of something!