Sunday, September 14, 2008

....

As we were sitting at the soccer fields today, I was watching Irelyn play at the park and George's U15 boys team play a game. My happy little daughter was so excited to be going up the stairs and down the slide 30+ times...the soccer game a whole different story. Boys punching each other, yelling profanities, just being down right nasty. I've been in this "little kid be nice world" for while now and it just dawned on me how mean kids can get and how hard sports can be. I saw the parents getting angry, the boys angry and then my sweet daughter just laughing and playing. Oh to be young again :)

Another thing, Sunday(rest day, Holy Day whatever you may call it.) I remember playing soccer and when we had a game on Sunday some of my teammates didn't go. Sunday was family/church day and they didn't let sports get in the way of that. Now- if you play club soccer and so many other sports, you for sure have games on Sunday. It didn't used to be like that...and in our fast paced world some people are forgetting what is really important.

Hmm not sure where I was going with this...

2 comments:

Heather said...

I used to referee for boys games. The parents and kids can get way out of hand. I would wave coaches over to the center of the field for a heart-to-heart on numerous occasions.

Sunday games seem crazy now. There should be one day of rest for crying out loud!

So would you ever coach again?!?! Maybe when Irelyn gets older? ;)

The 3 of us said...

Hmmm I don't know if I would coach again...

Good luck with your new coaching job. I'm sure you will do great.