Friday, September 12, 2008

haha

Oh man! Forgot Recipe Wednesday again...maybe I will change to Recipe Friday. With the weather starting to cool off I'm already busting out the crockpot! I love it and I would make soup/chowder every day if I could because of the simpleness of it.
This is one of my favorite recipes. It is very different and yummy.

Chili Chowder
2 T. olive oil
1-2 med. sized onions diced (depends how much you like onion)
2 lbs. ground turkey breast
2 cans (28 oz each) diced tomatoes
2 cans (15 1/2 oz each) red kidney beans, drained rinsed
1 can (28 oz) baked beans
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
4 cups frozen corn, thawed
1/4 c.(or less) chili powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
tortilla chips

Heat olive oil in large skillet over med high heat. Cook onions for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until nicely browned. Crumble in turkey; cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until turkey cooks through.
Place turkey mixture in a 6 qt crock pot. Stir in diced tomatoes, kidney beans, baked beans, tomato sauce, corn, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook 4 hours on high or 7 hours on low. Serve with tortilla chips.

It doesn't get easier than this. It makes a ton and is so good as leftovers or covered tightly and frozen for next week.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, I will have to try that one! I never cook, but I think it's time to start. Our future kids will need to be fed something other than meals from our local restaurants.

Becky said...

I know it could be easier than this! YOU can make it for me! When should I be there? :)

kamesse said...

This is so going on the grocery list this week... sounds yummy and easy!! Thanks!