Sunday, September 21, 2008

RIP Alexandra

I drive by the intersection of Pacific Park and Wood Canyon every day. Each year though on this day Alexandra Flores' family places flowers and a picture of her on the corner. I can't help but get teary eyed when I drive by and see her face. The pink ribbon from her funeral is still in the sunshade in my car. Alexandra was in my preschool class the year I was pregnant with Irelyn. She died about 3 months after Irelyn was born. I remember going to her funeral and seeing pictures of her as a baby. I can't even explain the pain I felt for her family... You know that special love you have for your kids? It just breaks my heart that they lost their sweet little 4 year old girl...
Rest in Peace sweet angel Alexandra

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i assume she died in a car accident?

The 3 of us said...

yes