Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tuesday

Christmas through the eyes of a child is so much fun!
Irelyn came down this morning and saw presents wrapped under the tree. She immediately went over to read the tags and had a huge smile when she saw that most were for her. She turned around and said "Someone must love me a lot!"

We went to look at Christmas lights last night and Irelyn said "Wow blue lights. That's a creative way to decorate your house."

My parents have a Santa and Mrs. Claus...I don't even know what you call them, but they were Coca Cola displays at least 40 years ago and they are each about 4 feet tall. They have velvet suits on. Oh gosh, I should have taken a picture of them, but now they are back in their caskets in the attic. Back to the story- they haven't been out of the attic since Irelyn was born so she has never seen them. They used to be my favorite Christmas decoration...I would sometimes put them in the window so that people passing by could see them. So, when my dad brought them down Irelyn took one look and left the room. She wouldn't talk to anyone about it or go back into the room. And back up to the attic Mr. and Mrs. Claus went...


George and I just crack up at all of the things she says lately. She has such a funny sense of humor.

As I was writing this- Irelyn spilled glitter glue all over her art table and went into the bathroom and got the hand towels to clean up the mess. I love her for trying to help... Laundry here I come

2 comments:

Heather said...

My cousin's daughter was afraid of dolls with the eyes that open and close when she was Irelyn's age. Aw, I suppose a life size doll would be kinda freaky to a little kid ;). I hope we get to meet Irelyn soon! She's growing up so fast!

kamesse said...

An aversion to 40 year-old velvet-wearing dolls...too funny! You are right, Christmas is so fun through our kids' eyes!