Sunday, December 21, 2008

December 21

Only a few more days...and Irelyn is about to burst with excitement. Last year she kind of understood Christmas, but this year she really does. She walks around singing Christmas songs and "todays holiday music- KOST 103.5!" It so cute and I love the Christmas spirit she has.


We have been making Christmas cookies for the past few days and I think I am "cookied" out! We made about 150 sugar cookies on Thursday and had to frost them. They are my absolute favorite- my mom has this special recipe that we have been making since I can remember. The cookies have a little lemon extract in them and they are so light and soft. And the frosting is just a powdered sugar glaze :) We gave most away and saved a few for Santa.


2008 has been a great year. A few new adjustments to our life occurred and we are still waiting to find out on a few more. I can already see that 2009 will hold some wonderful things for us :) I hope that you enjoy your Holidays and that 2009 has exciting new adventures for you.

1 comments:

Heather said...

What are "the adjustments" that might occur in '09?!?!

So cute that Irelyn is so spirited this Christmas. She's so adorable ;).

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year with Irelyn, George, and the rest of your family!