Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Recipe Wednesday

I made these last night, but I hadn't made them in so long that I almost forgot about them. I usually avoid cooking with dairy, but this is an exception (or I use non dairy cheese which is fine too) This recipe is so adaptable- everyone gets what they like, you can make them really simple or have lots of options etc.

Enchiladas (serves 3-4)
12 corn tortillas
1 bag shredded cheddar cheese
1 can olives
1 can/jar enchilada sauce (I use either Las Palmas or Trader Joe's)


1 pie tin or round baking pan for each person. Put a little enchilada sauce to cover the bottom, place corn tortilla on top, put more sauce on that, add cheese and olives and then repeat for each layer. Make as many layers as you like. I think 3 or 4 layers is good. You can add cooked meat or beans to the layers too. Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 11-12 minutes. Place on plates- serve with lettuce, sour cream, hot sauce, refried beans or whatever you like. They are so good and easy!

0 comments: