Monday, November 23, 2009

Have you heard?

Old Navy opens at 3am this Friday!  What?  That is insane.  Now, I have been dragged by my mom on several early morning shopping sprees.  Growing up, I was usually the only one that went shopping with my Mom on the day after Thanksgiving.  I've won prizes, got coupons, stuffed animals, free coffee- all for being up at a ridiculous hour and standing in line.  I can remember only missing one year of shopping and that was the year Irelyn was born.  I have one memory that stands out the most and that is being in line at the South Coast Plaza Disney Store at 5am.  If you were one of the first 50 people in line you would receive a little stuffed Winnie the Pooh bear dressed in a Holiday sweater.  Seriously??  Apparently we really needed it and my Mom left me to stand in line while she went to Macy's.  And to this day, when I take that Winnie the Pooh out the box...I remember :)

1 comments:

Becky said...

I go with my mom every year, too. We don't even know what we need this year, as we are both done Christmas shopping, but I still think we are going to go for it!
Where are you going?