Thursday, August 20, 2009

See the world all around you



I remember going through the collecting stage- I'm probably still in it because I recently blamed my Dad for taking some of my coveted rocks from my collection. I actually found the missing ones today in the garage. Sorry Dad. Anyways, Irelyn collects something everywhere we go...the beach, the park, the parking lot, out on the grass, she finds pretty things everywhere:) She made this box for all of her treasures and now she has 2 of my old treasure boxes filled with my rocks, shells and even a film container full of black sand from when I went to Hawaii when I was 11. I cherished these items and still do- I love remembering where I bought them or found them.
She reminds me to find beauty in the little things and to value them for their differences.

1 comments:

Heather said...

Aw, Irelyn is so cute. I collected so many things when I was her age too. I had buckets of smooth, black rocks and shells from the beach. 5 is such a fun age!